Do you want to impress your buddies with some new banter around the water cooler? Are you tired of discussing the latest politics, plebiscites and parties? Well, fasten your seat belts because here are the top 5 facts about HEART DISEASE that I learned from watching Dr Jay’s webinar.
1. Cholesterol is a natural substance that is necessary for the production and maintenance of healthy cell membranes, hormones (like testosterone, cortisol and estrogen…you like your sex hormones, right?), and brain cells (which are very important to most people). No matter what you think of your co-worker’s intelligence, even his brain is mostly fat. So here is how you can prove you are smarter than him…give him a multiple choice test…
Hey, Bob, here is a quiz for you…
If the Pope, Barak Obama and Vladamir Putin walk into a bar…what is the fat content of Putin’s brain?
d) 0% Putin’s brain is made of something else
The correct answer is 60%…everyone’s brain is give or take 60% fat, and cholesterol necessary to each one!
2. Cholesterol becomes STICKY when it is oxidized…big word for what happens when a good guy turns to the dark side and joins Darth and the artery plugging StromTroopers as they invade your rebel base! So, in this scenario, who are the under represented, but oh so powerful Rebel Alliance? That is correct…ANTIOXIDANTS…found in veggies and fruits…and by the way, the Rebel Alliance is outnumbered and Darth and the boys are taking command of the galaxy
3. Half of all heart attacks occur in people with normal cholesterol levels. Total cholesterol is one of 250 known risk factors for heart disease, and the over reliance on total cholesterol has resulted in 56 million Americans being prescribed statin drugs…which have known and adverse side effects…think of another disease that starts with C…think of blocking the very pathway that makes sex hormones…think of blocking an enzyme that is necessary for muscle growth and function…the heart is a muscle…oh no…did your brain just explode?
4. The heart pumps 2000 gallons of blood every day! That is the equivalent of the amount of gas you would use driving a Lexus from Vancouver to Moscow and back 8 times!
5. Certain nutritional deficiencies contribute to the development of heart disease. These deficiencies can be caused by our higher stress modern lifestyle, air pollution, diet pop consumption (which puts you at a 61% increased risk for cardiovascular diseases)…high sugar modern diet, highly processed food modern diet, and a diet that contains a lot of highly processed sugar…hmmm…aren’t these the same risk factors for a bunch of bad diseases?
How would you like to know how cholesterol is linked to Alzheimer’s and dementia? Stay tuned for another blog…
The good news is that if you are looking for a natural way to defeat the Empire and kick Darth’s butt, you need to get control of the inflammation in your body…inflammation is like Darth’s red light saber…zing…zing…zing…if you are under attack, your cholesterol (Storm Trooper) levels will be sky high!
You need to learn the ways of the Jedi, use the Force…or maybe it is easier to just lose the excess junk in the trunk, exercise, laugh more, eat a whole shwak of veggies every day and super charge yourself with the right supplements. Specifically, if people ate an apple every day, 8500 people could avoid a stroke or heart attack. That is a lot of apples…lets see…365 apples per year for 8500 people…that is over 3 million apples, so I assume that would be good news for apple growers aswell…and just to put it in context, that is the same number of strokes that prescription statins are said to prevent, except that the apple growers don’t see a dime of those sales. Fight Darth with Apples!!
Words of Wisdome…Stay away from Poutine (and Putin….) Eating a gillion grams of fat doesn’t make your brain larger…
There are also several supplements that you should use to extend your longevity, increase your vitality and energy, even if you do choose to take statins. If you know someone who could benefit from increased health, share this blog post with them PLEASE! I can help get them to their goal!